Camberwick Green - My New Project.

I've decided to do a CAMBERWICK GREEN Project by collecting the figures by Robert Harrop. 

I've ordered this book which will give me ideas for making the Buildings for the Harrop figures.

Gordon Murray (95 RIP) is the creator of Camberwick Green (1966) and Trumpton.

My 4" Harrop figure of Mr Carraway.
I'll be looking forward to making him a Fish Shop model.



I've ordered about 14 figures and may order others later on.

Well that is about it for Friday- All the best. KEV.


Comments

  1. Fantastic nostalgic project! I absolutely loved these programmes as a boy. I was transfixed by them. Btw have you seen these in 28mm-
    https://www.empressminiatures.com/bcw13-1501-p.asp
    https://www.empressminiatures.com/bcw14-1502-p.asp
    They are the boys from Pippin fort

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ALAN- Yes, the Camberwick Green episodes are great to watch- just terrific. Cheers. KEV.

      Delete
  2. Kev,

    What an excellent project! Years ago, there used to be a shop in Rochester, Kent, that sold all the figures from the Camberwick Green, Trumpton, and Chigley series. I wish that I had bought them when I had the opportunity.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BOB- Yes, the project will be very good as the Robert Harrop figures are excellent. The figures are available from UK eBay though very pricey. All the best. KEV.

      Delete
  3. I used to watch the episodes on video with my young son. I can still hear the music. Most charming programme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STEVE- Yes, the episodes of Camberwick are excellent- very clever. Cheers. KEV.

      Delete
  4. If the figures are 4 inches, your buildings will be quite sizeable and a fascinating project. I remember watching the TV series all those years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PETER- Yes, the model buildings will be sizable- though I'll only build their fronts- I've been watching Camberwick on DVD and am up to episode 12- most enjoyable. Cheers. KEV.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

STAR TREK Miniature Ship Game.